My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, visit
http://realfitmama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive. ~ Leslie McIntyre

Monday, October 26, 2009

WOW!!

Linsey parent/teacher conference went really well. She's still doing fantastic in school and her teacher had MOSTLY great things to say. She talks (wonder where she gets that from) she's sassy (again...wonder where she gets that from) and she's a perfectionist (do I have to I say it a 3rd time) so I was pleased with the evening.
Then Jason left for HIS class while the girls and I headed home to finsh homework and make dinner. I have been craving one of my favorite fall weather pasta dishes for a while now so this weekend while at Trader Joe's I bought all the neccesities and put it all together tonight.
I love pasta so much I swear that I'm Italian (it MIGHT be true) but Jason isn't a huge pasta fan. I guess all the years of being a cook at the Olive Garden while we were in college kind of ruined it for him, but when he said he loved this dish too I was exstatic!
I just call it roasted vegetable pasta (because that's what it is) and it's super easy to make. Your only limit is your imagination!
Just pick out your veggies...
I like TONS of baby bella caps, asparagus, red and yellow peppers, half an eggplant and about 5 or 6 roma tomatoes all cut into one inch bits (roughly) then you dump all that into a large mixing bowl.



Then toss that with about 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, put all that onto a sheet tray and bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
While that's cooking you want to cook your pasta. I prefer whole wheat penne...



but you can use whatever you want.
Once all that is done cooking dump the pasta and the veggies back into the large mixing bowl and combine it with one bottle of your favorite pasta sauce


(can you tell I like Trader Joe's?)
and 3/4 of a bag of shredded cheese. I buy the (once again) Trader Joe's Italian Blend.
Mix all of that together really well and pour it into a 9x13 baking dish and cover the top with the rest of the cheese. Just bake that until the cheese has melted.



 Serve it with your favorite sourdough or french roll and you are good to go!



Now for the REALLY GREAT news!
I AM NOW A FEATURED PUBLISHER ON FOODBUZZ.COM!!!

I am trying really hard to make this blog great and in turn be able to turn it into a paying career. I think this is absolutely a step in the right direction.
Thank you to all my followers. I'll keep writing so you just keep reading.
(and tell your friends if you want to!)

Good night...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. ~ Robert Frost