My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, visit
http://realfitmama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive. ~ Leslie McIntyre

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Ughghghghgh...Rain!!

I'm SOOOO sick of rain! It's not even Halloween yet and it's in the 40's and raining EVERYDAY. It's almost depressing. I was able to get a good cardio workout in yesterday morning and had planned on taking Linsey for our first mother/daughter run/walk since I took today off to stay home with Regan, but IT WAS RAINING! My alarm went off at 6:15 and I heard the 'ting, ting, ting' on my bedroom window. Sadly, I set my alarm to go off again at 7:00 and went back to sleep . This is what we woke up to then...



I made lemonade out of lemons by enjoying breakfast with Linsey while Jason was in the shower and Regan was still asleep. She enjoyed a toasted bagel with grape jelly, mandarin oranges and vanilla soy milk.

 (which she would NOT let me photograph)

Thankfully I made those steel cut oats last night. They were fantastic!!

(I can't take credit for the next part of my breakfast. I stole the idea from another blog I enjoy reading)

 I mixed it with 1/4 cup vanilla soy milk and reheated it in the microwave in 45 second increments stirring really well each time. Once it got to the creamy texture I wanted I spooned in a HUGE scoop of pumpkin butter,



a small spoonful of almond butter,



sliced in one half of a banana (I saved the other half for Regan) and filled my favorite GIANT coffee mug to the very top!



YUM!

I sent Jason and Linsey off for the day and now Regan and I will be at home staying warm and dry. She is definitely feeling TONS better and should be back at school tomorrow. Her teacher will be glad to see her and my co-workers will for sure be glad I'm back. I'm not sure I'll be as happy.
Even though I hate it when my girls are sick being home with them off and on the past two weeks has made me see for sure that I want to make this writing thing work for me so I can work from home. Regan LOVES school, but if I can work from home I would LOVE to only send her three days a week.
Right now she's sitting next to me on the couch watching Little BIll and pretending my Life is Good socks are oven mits. She says she wants to make dinner.
That's MY girl!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. ~ Robert Frost