My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, visit
http://realfitmama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive. ~ Leslie McIntyre

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Time for Relaxin...

Hello readers! I've got time for a quick post and then time for rest.

I opted out of leftover pasta for dinner. Decided that would make a better lunch for tomorrow. I decided to go with leftover chili and cornbread muffins. It was a filling and yummy choice. It hit ALL the right spots...



And with a little sharp cheddar sprinkled on top...even better!
There is something really decadent about the homemade cornbread muffins. I added honey to the batter and it really brings out a subtle sweetness that mixes so well with the spiciness of the chili.

YUM!

The evening wasn't everything that I had planned, but it was nice just the same.
Linsey had extra homework (due to the unexpected ER trip lastnight) so getting caught up on GLEE was out of the question. She and I got done with her homework and I made her lunch for tomorrow...leftover whole wheat mac n cheese, grapes, carrots, mini oreo's, bottled water and peanut butter Puffins for snack.

Trust me when I tell you that she was pleased!

The girls are in bed now. Linsey is peacefully sleeping in her loft bed unaware that we're still up and watching television. Regan's coughing quite a bit, but hopefully her medicine will kick in soon. I'm really starting to NOT like doctors, but I still hold out hope that they know what's best! I feel helpless in this situation. It is so hard as a parent to NOT be able to help your child.

Jason's home from work now...and having leftover chili too!



Thankfully someone else is here to help me deal with my feelings of guilt...!

If anyone has ANY suggestions to help with the coughing...I'm ALL EARS!!!

Until tomorrow... 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. ~ Robert Frost