My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, visit
http://realfitmama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive. ~ Leslie McIntyre

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What's Blue and Red and White All Over???

I'm really sad (Linsey is ecstatic) that my Stay-At-Home-Suzie-Homemaker role is coming to an end. Linsey has been fever free for a full 24 hours and DYING to get out of bed ALL day. She has managed to do almost all of her make up homework, eat a pretty good dinner (pretty good for the world's pickiest eater) and take a bath. She feels like a million bucks (if an 8 year old can even fathom what a million bucks feels like) and was super excited to see that I had added one more baked item to my list of cooking extravaganza's for the week...Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting!
Linsey and Regan had a super great time stuffing a cupcake into their mouths one ooey, gooey bite at a time...hence the bath tonight!
Now they are being so cute and Linsey is watching The Lion King with her baby sister and helping her name all the animals and sing the songs. It's moments like this that I LOVE having two daughters. Then there's the moments when they're both screaming and I wish I was DEAF!!
So, I'm done blogging for the day. I think my first day was productive and introduced me to the blogging world pretty well. I hope I don't bore you with my stories of Linsey and Regan, but being RealFitMama and trying to train for a marathon is going to include jokes and funny stories (at least funny to me) about my girls, my husband and my life. Those are the driving forces behind me wanting to get in better shape and stay in better shape and show my girls (and anyone else who might figure it out along the way) that it is our responsibility to be the positive role models our children need. Lindsay Lohan didn't give birth to my daughter's so why should I expect her to be ANY kind of a role model to them?! 
If I can lead my daughter's by example then I have done my job as their mother. At the end of the day that's all I'm trying to do. So for now I say goodnight. I'm going to watch the rest of The Lion King with two of the three most important people in my life...then I'm going to bed because 5:45am comes REALLY early and those 3 miles aren't going to just be WALKED anymore!

1 comments:

Courtney Reed said...

Excellent blog, Maria! You are such a gifted writer. And I love (and totally agree) with your Lindsay Lohan statement. Sounds like your girls have a wonderful example of health and determination in you!

Post a Comment

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. ~ Robert Frost