My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, visit
http://realfitmama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive. ~ Leslie McIntyre

Monday, October 12, 2009

Apples, Apples EVERYWHERE!

A couple of weeks ago Jason and I took the girls on their very first apple picking trip. They had a fantastic time and we have been enjoying apples ever since! I looked in the fridge this morning (while home with my sick Ray Ray) and realized that we still had some apples that needed to be eaten PRONTO. So I decided apple sauce was the best thing to make.

I got together everything I would need...



apples (obviously), brown sugar, cinnamon, a couple tablespoons of orange juice,  a tiny bit of organic honey and I was set to start chopping.




Once I peeled, cored and chopped ALL 4 pounds of my apples, I threw everything in the pot,




mixed it up and brought it to a boil!




After it simmered for 20-30 minutes I was ready to mash it up (I like to use a potato masher so it's chunkier) and put it into a tupperware dish.
You can freeze individual servings for up to a year. YUMMY!
Jason has class on Monday nights and one of the girls favorite meals is pasta. So I threw together a rustic pasta dish with whole grain penne, some tomatoes, basil, a little brown sugar and half of a small jar of Ragu's Light Alfredo Parmesean sauce. Linsey also LOVES the Dole Light Ceaser Salad kits (and it's a great way to get her to eat salad) and I throw in some shredded carrots for added color. With a couple Morningstar Farms Veggie Nuggets on the side the girls have a great dinner and I have leftovers for Jason to eat when he gets home.




I prefer the Morningstar Farms Buffalo Wings on my pasta! The little extra spice heats up a fairly kid friendly dinner without making something completely different. Which is something I REFUSE to do!

Now that everyone's had dinner and the kitchen is cleaned up (AGAIN) I can curl up on the couch and watch some cartoons with the girls until bedtime. Then after they go to bed I can do my circuit routine. Normally I like to include the girls in this workout, but since Regan's sick I would much rather she keep on resting. Working out with a fever is NEVER a good idea!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. ~ Robert Frost