My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, visit
http://realfitmama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive. ~ Leslie McIntyre

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Pancakes and Pumpkin Patch...

This day has been JAM packed!
We got up this morning and I decided that I REALLY wanted to make oatmeal pancakes and since we have quite a few bananas I wanted Oatmeal Banana Pancakes...so that's what I made!



And they were so YUMMY!!!
Here's how you make them...

1 c all purpose flour
1 c quick oats
2 T sugar
2 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 1/2 c buttermilk
2 t vanilla
1/4 c vegetable oil (I like Smart Balance for the added Omega 3)
2 eggs
1 medium sized banana
and
Just mix all the ingredients into a food processor and blend!
Then make pancakes...



After breakfast we all got ready and went to the pumpkin patch with our good friends Jeff, Jennifer, Olivia and Mia. The kids ran around and played in the corn maze, the hay castles and did the zip lines. I'm pretty sure that everyone had a great time.
These are the ONLY pics you will find Linsey in.
(apparently she's too cool to hang out with us when she's with her friend!)







(Papa Jeff was afraid that Olivia would fall carrying Regan down the hay)



Regan wasn't really sure about the zip line, but once she was done and Jason had gotten her down she kept saying, "More times, more times!"
I guess that meant she liked it.



She really liked swinging in this GIANT tire swing, but had a melt down when she had to let someone else have a turn. Sadly, that was the end of our day at Thies Farm.

Once we got home, Jason put her down for a nap and Linsey and I went out for a walk/jog.
(gotta get some training in for the 10K we're doing to raise money for the ASPCA )
The weather was perfect, but Linsey didn't really grasp how far 3 miles was until she got about 3/4 of the way through and couldn't take anymore.
I ended up cutting the walk short, taking her home and grabbed my ipod and went out to do a quick run by myself before the rain came in. I got in about 1.5 miles of running and called it quits.

Regan was still napping, Jason was studying and Linsey was cleaning her room so it was definitely time for a yogurt bowl and my new People Magazine...



For today's yogurt bowl I used the single serv Stoneyfield Farm nonfat plain Greek Style yogurt with a drizzle of local honey, about 1/2 cup of cinnamon Puffins and 2 tablespoons of blackberry jam. It hit ALL the right spots and People made up for the ones it didn't!

After some much needed relaxation I got in a quick shower and now I'm cooking Trader Joe's brown rice medley to go with my veggie stir fry for dinner AND I'm cooking my oats for the week.
Talk about a multi-tasker!!

Check back tonight for The Sunday Segment...Body Image Issues (Am I Alone?)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. ~ Robert Frost