My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, visit
http://realfitmama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive. ~ Leslie McIntyre

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Let Them Eat...Veggie Cake!

The girls and I enjoyed a nice, quiet dinner together tonight.
We ended up NOT having grilled cheese and tomato soup because Linsey 'doesn't like tomato soup' and I didn't feel like the fight tonight. I'll save it for some other night when Jason's home and can back me up.
So I made a salad instead. That'll teach her!
I threw in some chopped romaine and iceberg lettuce (not my favorite, but it worked tonight) then I put in shredded red cabbage, sugar snap peas, carrots and slivered almonds. On top of that I added dried pineapple and those crunchy chinese noodles (chow mein I think) and tossed it all with a sesame ginger dressing. YUMMY!
Alongside the salad I gave the girls Morningstar Farms Veggie Nuggets and Honey Crisp apple slices.

I topped a plate of the salad with the yummiest things I've discovered in a while...



Morningstar Farms Veggie Cakes.
These are the Ginger Teriyaki and they are FABULOUS!
They're rice patties filled with edamame, carrots and ginger. You buy them frozen and can heat them in a skillet or bake them in the oven. Either way they are really good.

After such a spicy (yes the patties are a tad spicy to me) dinner I was craving something sweet. Linsey and Regan can always eat dessert if I let them (and tonight I was letting them) so we did it simple. They picked chocolate covered pretzel 100 calorie packs (they usually go in Linsey's lunch).

 



 I picked the fudge drizzled chocolate chip cookie 100 calorie pack (also meant for Linsey's lunch).
It was exactly what I needed.



 Just a handful of crunchy, chocolatey, fudge covered cookies!

After dinner it was time for baths and then the girls climbed up on the couch to watch a cartoon while I got ready for bed. (it's pouring outside...what else is there to do?)
Once I got on my pj's and washed my face, I walked back into the living room to find THIS going on...



If this isn't the sweetest thing I've ever seen I don't know what is!
(FYI: Regan said she was 'doing homework like sissy.')

Jason's home, had dinner and is now in bed because he's getting (or already is) sick so I have the next 30-45 minutes planned out before I go to bed...



The last time this was my plan I made it through about 5 or 6 pages. We'll see if tonight works out any better.
(it's STILL raining so my hopes aren't high :-) but who knows)

Good night readers...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. ~ Robert Frost