My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, visit
http://realfitmama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive. ~ Leslie McIntyre

Saturday, October 24, 2009

God Bless Trader Joe's

I took Linsey grocery shopping.



She always loves to go to Trader Joe's because she can run around the store in search of the elephant and if she finds it she gets a prize in the check out aisle. If I was a kid I would think that was great too! Plus I feel totally comfortable letting her wander around the store (by herself) looking for it while I do my shopping. Sometimes she's done in a matter of minutes, but other times (thankfully) it takes her quite a while.
Today was a right in the middle day which was fine because the store was VERY crowded and I didn't have a list...NEVER a good idea.
We managed just fine and got groceries for the week.

(plus a few extras!)



Once we got home it was time to put away the groceries, clean the kitchen (ugh) and make dinner AND try to get ALL that done before Regan woke up from her nap.

With Jason's help it almost happened!

We were done cleaning the kitchen when she woke up so she sat on the floor eating a snack while I made dinner.



Doesn't that look yummy?!

Trader Joe's Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Soup with a dollop of sour cream, a few cheddar and garlic croutons and a grilled cheese (with muenster) on the side. I was only able to eat half of my sandwich, but Gabe (the rottweiller) didn't mind. He knows that whatever the people don't finish goes to him (and he LOVES it).

But wait...there's ALWAYS room for dessert (at least a bite of dessert) and Trader Joe's made my night...



This tasted FANTASTIC!

And now Jason and Linsey are out renting movies with the amazing coupon we got in the mail from Blockbuster...$2.99 unlimited movies for 1 month.
WOOT WOOT!

So far the weather for tomorrow looks great until later in the afternoon so I'm planning on a run in the morning.
Until then...

2 comments:

2Wired2Tired said...

Looks delicious! I haven't been to Trader Joe's as much as I would like. It is a nice store, but not close enough for me. A lot of people I know love it though and I will get there more often when the kids are older.

By the way, thanks for following me. I like your blog and am following back!

RealFitMama said...

2 Toddlers and Me,

I really enjoyed reading through your blog last night. It's so nice to hear that other women are going through similar situations with their kids and have this as an outlet to share together. Thsnks for the follow too!

Post a Comment

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. ~ Robert Frost