My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, visit
http://realfitmama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive. ~ Leslie McIntyre

Sunday, December 6, 2009

What a Saturday...

HI! :)
So here's what my Saturday looked like.

LUNCH...





A Trader Joe's pulled 'chicken' bbq sandwich on an Arnold sandwich thin.
YUM!
And then two squares of...



REALLY YUM!
And then we decorated our Charlie Brown tree. :)



And since I have the BEST mommy in the world Jason and I were able to go out for an evening of dinner and Christmas shopping - KID FREE!
First dinner...Jason and I decided to try out Pi Kirkwood. We have eaten at Pi on the Loop (around the corner from our house AND President Obama's FAVORITE pizza) but we were there with the girls and it was kind of stressful - obviously. So this time we went without the girls and it was AWESOME! Jason makes ALL the ice cream that Pi (and MOST other restaurants in the city) uses so he knows the owners and is friends with the Pastry Chef Mathew. One of the perks from this is that even though they were on a 45 minute to an hour wait last night - we got right in. :D THANKS MATHEW!! As an appetizer we had the Peperone Rosso which was fantastic. The mixture of the cheese and the olives and the red peppers was out of this world. For dinner we split a small Berkely (which is what we had at the Loop location) and it too was AMAZING, but then Mathew put it over the top and just about killed me with what came to our table at the end of dinner...hold on just a sec and I'll tell you.









(Jason's hands are quite shakey :) )





And here it is...H-O-L-Y - Y-U-M!!!



Mathew sent us over a piece of the Chocolate Peppermint Mousse pie. I thought I had died and gone to chocolate peppermint HEAVEN!!! This puts EVERY chocolate peppermint dessert that I have EVER had to major shame. THANK YOU MATHEW!!!
Check them both out at @mathewsweet and @pistl.

After this FABULOUS meal we made our way around town and finished ALL of our Christmas shopping.
The End...

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Sunday morning hasn's been too shabby either. We got up and had breakfast. Mine was a HUGE cup of coffee and two pieces of 365 whole wheat toast with sunflower butter, organic grape jelly, banana slices and a drizzle of honey. There is no photo...I was too hungry!
Now it's time to shower, and go grocery shopping. Linsey and I are going to see The Nutcracker this afternoon.
Enjoy what's left of the weekend - where ever you may be! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. ~ Robert Frost