My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, visit
http://realfitmama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive. ~ Leslie McIntyre

Monday, December 14, 2009

Run Free...

Hey Peeps!
How goes it today?

For those of you who can actually SEE 'realfitmama' I apologize if you're having trouble. I was informed over the weekend that a lot of readers can't get onto the website and I got super freaked out. I'm not sure what the problem is because all the website work is being done on the new site and not this one. I've been doing a little trial and error to see if I can fix it, but have had no luck thus far. I'm hoping that realfitmama.com will be up and running VERY soon so this problem is dead and gone, but until then PLEASE be patient. I'm trying to get it fixed. On another note...

I have really had the BEST Monday ever and it's crazy because nothing really happened. I did manage to drag myself out of bed at 5:45 this morning and go for a run. I kicked out 2 miles in 22 minutes! That felt pretty good considering I hadn't been running in almost 2 weeks!! :(
I rewarded myslef with a little treat idea that I stole from Tina's (Carrots N Cake) health.com post. You can find her recipe here.
My version of the 'Workout Cookie' is slightly altered because of what I had available at home lastnight. To make 'Maria's Workout Cookie' use the following recipe...
  • 1/4 c flour
  • 3/4 c old fashioned oats
  • 1/4 c ground flaxseed meal
  • 1/4 c brown sugar
  • 1/4 c raisins
  • 1/2 t cinnamon
  • 4oz non-fat plain greek yogurt
  • 1/8 c canola oil
  • 1/2 large very ripened mashed banana
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl with freshly washed hands (because it's more fun) and divide evenly into a lightly greased 12 opening muffin tin. Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes. Then enjoy one cookie after a really good work out!! :) Here's my 6:45 in the morning treat...super YUM!



I ran very late this morning because of a multitude of factors - the main one being I have children and they have NO concept of time or schedules. Then while searching for my keys, I found our newest addition, Maggie, hiding out here...(notice that I made time to take these pictures :D)




Sorry that the first picture is so grainy - my blackberry is somewhat tempermental in the mornings too!Maggie was just chillin like Bob Dylan watching all of us crazy two legged people run around the house like -well- crazy people! :D

I finally made it to work (about 10 minutes late) and got the day going. Our Secret Santa started today so I dropped my gift off and realized that there was ALREADY one for me there. That means my Secret Santa gets to work early also. Hmmmm... Here's what I got today.



YAY!! CAFFEINE!!
After being super stoked that I had a giant Diet Dr Pepper to go with my lunch I got down to the business of breakfast. My breakfast that is. I had the usual combination, but since Jason went out and bought me the ground flaxseed meal I added about spoonful to my oats. HELLO!? YUM-O! Along with that there was the last (boo hoo) of my pumpkin butter (about 1 huge spoonful), two spoonfuls of sunflower butter, a few dried cherries and blueberries, one very small banana and 1/2 cup of vanilla soymilk.




The work day went by like a faint memory. And then it was time for lunch. I wasn't all that hungry after my morning 'cookie' and huge bowl of oats (that I honestly couldn't finish) so I only ate the sandwich I brought. I had a pear to go with it, but I couldn't even take a bite. I saved it for tomorrow, but I ate every bite of my sandwich (it was small) and drank ALL of my first Secret Santa gift.



Today's sandwich was on a multi grain Arnold Sandwich Thin with mayo, dijon mustard, bibb lettuce, jalepeno-black olives, sliced red onion, muenster cheese and Yves roasted chik-n. It was only so-so, but just enough to fill me up.
It has gotten really cold compared to this morning's 40 degrees at 6am so the girls and I are just going to chill 'comfy clothes' style tonight and wait for Jason to get home from his first of three finals. I'm pretty tired and scared that I'm starting to get sick so I have no energy to cook tonight. The girls have talked me into pizza and sadly, I gave in.
Sue me...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, love your workout cookie and all that PB on the oats :) go pizza!!

Post a Comment

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. ~ Robert Frost