My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, visit
http://realfitmama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive. ~ Leslie McIntyre

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

JACKPOT!!!

Hey Guys!
Sorry it's so late tonight, but this day has been hectic. I was up at 5:30, did 30 intense minutes of pilates and then made the menu AND wrote out my shopping list for Christmas Eve dinner all by 6:45. Whew...
Once at work I was STARVING! So I made my oats...sunflower butter, pear butter, spoonful of ground flaxseed meal, sprinkle of craisins, half a banana sliced and then (since my white chocolate peanut butter idea was shot to hell) half of a chocolate mint candy cane crushed up ON TOP!! :) It was so yummy...




Doesn't that look tasty?!?!
And then - I hit the JACKPOT! We had our Secret Santa exchange and potluck in the Infant/Toddler room that I work in in the afternoons. The rule was we couldn't spend more or less than $20 and we HAD to keep it a secret. To help out our 'Santa' we had to fill out an informational sheet answering a bunch of questions about ourselves. My Secret Santa either knew me well before or followed my survey to the letter because I got...



Hello coffee - let's get better acquainted!
Then I got a gift from a parent whose daughter is one of my special diet kids becuase she has extreme allergies to dairy and eggs. And the director of the school gave us all mini banana nut bread loafs with 'Thank You' cards for being such great employees.



Today was an all around great day.
Work went by smooth and easy and then Linsey and I had some lunch because she's with me EVERYDAY until we leave for our vacation. Lunch was simple yet tasty - vegetarian spaghetti, sweet corn, garlic bread and a SoBe life water that was surprisingly very good.




I finished out the day with no snags or troubles, picked up Regan and then we headed off to the (dreaded) grocery store. It was C-R-A-Z-Y and Regan was NOT in the mood to be shopping so all together the trip was less than fabulous, but I held it together (barely) and got everything I needed for Christmas Eve dinner.

Jason made it home before us (thank god) so he helped me with ALL the groceries and making dinner. I had a huge asian salad with dried blueberries and a sesame ginger dressing. I topped it with two Morningstar Farms asian patties. We all sat around the table together (rare for a week night) and then Jason headed off to a meeting where HE was the speaker (so proud!). Once he left I snuck into the kitchen and had about four spoonfuls of my very own (made especially for me by Jason) peppermint cookies n cream. I'm so bummed though because something is wrong with my blackberry and I can't transfer the pictures I took tonight to my computer. :( Maybe I'll get a digital camera for Christmas...(hint, hint, hint)
Oh well...I'll try again tomorrow and show you the AMAZING ice cream that was made just for me! :)
Until then...3 days until Christmas!!
Goodnight...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. ~ Robert Frost