My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, visit
http://realfitmama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive. ~ Leslie McIntyre

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I'm SOOOOOO ashamed...

Hey guys.
Before I go into detail regarding my very shameful behavior I want to wish my grandmother, Phyllis, (who is a devoted reader because she has this amazing and sometimes uncanny ability to believe in every one of our silly little dreams or desires or whatever's without judgement and with unbelievable commitment) a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! That comes all the way from St Louis down to Springfield with all the love my 'selfish and exhausted and never a dull moment around here' heart can handle! Linsey and Regan say Happy Birthday too (Jason would I'm sure, but he's at work) we miss not seeing you everyday since moving away and know I don't call enough or come down enough, but also know that you're ok with it (for the most part) because you want me to be the best mother I can be and a lot of times that means staying up here when we really should take a weekend trip down to where you are. We love you so much!!! :)

Now - let the shaming begin.
I came home a little early from work today because of Regan being "sick" (I seriously think she faked us out) and Jason needing to get to work. I owned up to eating two workout cookies as a snack with Regan while watching Olivia shortly after she woke up from her nap. I must confess that two more workout cookies went unphotographed and landed straight in my mouth!! It's shameful - I know. You're only allowed to eat ONE workout cookie after actually WORKING OUT!!!!!!!!!!
Then Regan and I went out in the freezing cold to pick up Linsey from dance and I really had no idea what I was going to make for dinner. My nose is still really stuffy, I'm tired from the lack of sleep lastnight and the cold weather just draws out every bit of energy I have. I really do think I need to live some where warm, but that's an entirely seperate post!
I finally decided on butternut squash soup, but knew Linsey wouldn't go for it. So I told her (here's more shame) that it was 'yellow tomato soup' and she believed me. She still didn't really like it, but she at least tried which is a major step for her (even though I lied!) she managed to gulp down four spoonfuls followed by four giant gulping sounding drinks of water before I let her eat her grilled cheese sandwich. I added garlic and parmesean croutons, sour cream, sea salt, black pepper and a TINY bit of sirarchi to mine. YUM! I paired it with one half of a grilled (muenster) cheese sandwich. Regan ate the other half. :)




After the guilt of the 'meal I lied about' I offered up an 'I'm sorry' piece of chocolate to both girls. While they each had one hershey's kiss and one reeses peanut butter cup I ate THREE peanut butter cups (again unphotographed because I knew it was wrong :( at the time) of course they were the miniatures, but still... I may have to move to a different state where the shame of the entire evening won't follow me!!!
Anyway, if you follow me on twitter you may have already seen this, but I put out a request to all my readers - tomorrow morning at 5:30 BLOW UP my inbox (I get my email on my phone and my phone is my alarm clock so it's right next to my bed)  with messages that read GET UP AND WORK OUT!!!. My email address is realfitmama@gmail.com - let's see how well this works.
Now - I have this waiting for me...



So I'm calling it a night.
Good night...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

your daughters are so sweet in your bed! i LOVE what you added to your soup..spiced it up a bit!

Post a Comment

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. ~ Robert Frost