My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, visit
http://realfitmama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive. ~ Leslie McIntyre

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Oh Sunday...

Good Morning...
Sunday is upon us and it's kind of depressing. There has been all the build up to the holiday and in a matter of minutes it was over. We have moved back into 'real life' and tomorrow brings going back to work. :( I can't complain too much though because we only work 4 days and then we're off until January 11th!! Chicago here we come...Sunday January 3rd!
Anyway - I kind of left ya hangin last night, but after a veg out session on the couch with the family and this little baby as a substitute to dinner...



We all ended up going to bed pretty early. It was much needed sleep after the crappy night of sleep the night before. Anyway - that was a little piece of my (affectionately called now) vegan pumpkin pie pudding topped with a few little scoops of my very own ice cream flavor...peppermint cookies and cream. The flavor combination was much better than I had anticipated actually. And the whole thing left me feeling full all night.

This morning we woke up to this...



Sadly it won't be enough damage to put off work one more day. St Louis is pretty used to snow by now and it takes more than an inch or two for my work to shut down due to weather. I guess I can handle 4 more days. :D
While Jason and Linsey worked on their puzzle at the table and Regan put one together on the floor...




I did more motherly duties - like make a lovely pot of oats for my loving family!! Blegh...I'm not that mushy really. Lately though I feel like Donna Reed or Carol Brady for all the home cooking and baking I'm doing. I wish I had more time to do it everyday. Being a stay at home mother would be fantastic, but it's just not realistic right now. Anyway - here's my super yummy bowl of oats with half a banana, a scoop of the All Natural Peanut Butter Co.'s White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter (it's starting to grow on me) a handful of chopped walnuts, a drizzle of honey and a shake of cinnamon.




We took the Christmas tree and all the decorations down after breakfast and now the house is slowly getting back to normal. We're going to have a quick lunch of leftover chinese and then Jason is off to do laundry while Regan takes a nap and Linsey and I play Bananagrams.
Enjoy what's left of the holiday weekend.
Real world comes back tomorrow... :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. ~ Robert Frost