My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, visit
http://realfitmama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive. ~ Leslie McIntyre

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesday's Gone With The Wind...

HEY EVERYBODY! :)

I hope that you're all ready for Thanksgiving because it's only 2 days away...I can't believe it. I'm so ready for a few days out of town - the suspense is killing me. I left work right on time this afternoon, but left Regan there because A) she was still napping and B) I need to get all 4 of us packed and can do that so much faster with her NOT here.

But first a recap of the day...
I got up and went running this morning because (thankfully) the rain hadn't gotten here yet. I did sprint intervals this morning because I just felt the need to change it up a little. I got in about 28 minutes, but did some walking, some jogging, some sprinting, some more jogging and then a tad bit of walking at the end. It felt so good!

Then I had to get the whole family up because we ALL went into my work this morning at 7:30. I think I mentioned that today was the Thanksgiving Feast and we had to feed roughly 300 people. Well, Jason volunteered to slice up 18 smoked turkeys for the event.




He did such an amazing job! He managed to slice up 18 turkeys in exactly 3.5 hours. He is the man!! :D Of course I think he's the man not for slicing turkey's, but for bringing me a large hazelnut coffee with a cranberry walnut bagel. THAT makes him the man! He even brought me honey walnut cream cheese to go with it. Isn't he precious?! God bless him!




I had breakfast with my family at work this morning, got Linsey off to school and got to work getting a meal for 300 ready. WHEW...what a day. By the time it was all said and done I was exhausted, but I did get to go out with Regan and sit with her and her class for the school sing-a-long and then Jason ate with her in the classroom. I think she really enjoyed herself. Jason said he took some pictures, but he hasn't sent them to me yet. I'll post them as soon as he does though!

For lunch I wanted NOTHING to do with the Thanksgiving food. No offense, but I'm waiting for my Grandmother's cooking! :) Instead, I took the leftovers from burrito night on Sunday and made a quesadilla. It was really yummy AND filling.




Regan's teacher, Colleen, (also a reader) made a vegan pumpkin pie for their room because they have a couple kids with severe dairy and egg allergies. Let me tell you - the pie didn't look all that appetizing, but it was FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!! She's going to share the recipe with me and as soon as she does - I'll pass it on to you!

 

It was creamy kind of like pudding, sweet and had a crunchy crust (which I love) and I brought an extra piece home with me for tonight. YAY!

Now I have to get packing. I have 4 days worth of packing to do for 4 people so - yeah...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. ~ Robert Frost