My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, visit
http://realfitmama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive. ~ Leslie McIntyre

Sunday, November 22, 2009

OY...

Hey Guys... :)

Today has been soooo busy and I just got to sit down to the computer for a little work time, but I only have about 30 minutes becuse we have a dinner guest tonight and I have to start making dinner soon. Plus, we're going out of town for Thanksgiving and will be gone for 5 days so I have to get everything ready for that too! Whew - I'm kinda tired already...

Anyway - Let me start with last night's little event!

*******

The Fancy Shmancy Dinner

My mom got here to watch the girls right on time and took a couple of not so great pictures of us, but they ended up being the only ones taken all night so have a look...




My mom doesn't have the steadiest hands AND she left out the most important part of the outfit...THE SHOES! But that's cool - they are awesome, hot pink, 4 inch stilettos and I love them!

The 'fancy dinner' was just ok. The salad, roll and cheesecake ended up being the best part, but I had the vegetarian dish - ALWAYS has to be pasta! Why? Isn't there anything else under the sun that a hotel chef knows how to make besides pasta??? Oh well, it was terrible. It really tasted like someone opened a can of Chef Boyardee, warmed it up and sprinkled cheese on top. I took a bite or two and called it a night with that! I just couldn't bring myself to waste calories on something that tasted that bad. I'm so glad I ate that huge lunch...












Isn't Jason handsome?! He never wears a tie (and you can't even see it in the pic!) but he looked good. :)
The dinner was a lot of fun even though the food was not great. We all had a lot of laughs and the speaker for the evening was PHENOMINAL! All in all it was a great night. The plan was to dance our tooshies off after the speaker was finished, but she ran late and then they had to take down the banquet tables and it was just late enough for me that I said, "Nope, Honey, let's go home." So that's what we did!

*******

Sunday Morning Pancakes (a ritual!)

This morning, Linsey woke us up at 8:00 and drug us out of bed. Apparently kids need to eat! :) So I got up and made the best banana oatmeal pancakes I think I've ever made. They didn't even need syrup - they were that good!




After breakfast the whole gang got dressed, loaded up in the car for a trip to Trader Joe's. We're going to be gone from Wednesday evening until Sunday evening, but we gotta have something to eat between now and then - so off to grocery shop.
My girls are too cute...


(apparently it's COOL to wear your sunglasses upside down!)


(Linsey is so eco-friendly with her reusable bags. Makes Mommy proud!)

We got the grocery shopping done, came home and finished cleaning house and doing the dishes, a friend stopped by for a quick visit and now I need to eat a tiny lunch because our friend Luke will be over to have dinner and meet the dogs! He's in charge of them while we're out of town so I thought maybe he should come and make friends with the 120lb Rottweiller before we leave him a key and let him walk into our house all alone! :D

Be back later tonight with the Sunday Segment - What Thanksgiving Means To Me. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. ~ Robert Frost