My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, visit
http://realfitmama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive. ~ Leslie McIntyre

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

As Promised...

Hey Guys - gonna be short one tonight. I am tired!!
:)
So like I said earlier today, I had the BEST vegan pumpkin pie. I actually ate one piece at work and then had a second piece after dinner because it was THAT good. My friend and coworker (and Regan's teacher) sent me the recipe this eveing. So, as promised, here it is...

Colleen's Vegan Pumpkin Pie
Ingredients:

3/4 pound Silken tofu (the kind that is the consistency of pudding)
1 16 ounce can pumpkin puree
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tbsp molasses (we used blackstrap molasses, I'm sure any kind would work)
1 pre-made pie crust (We used the vegan graham cracker crust from Whole Foods)

Preparation:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine all ingredients, except for pie crust, in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. (In the Comet room we just had the kids dump all the ingredients into the bowl and mix with a spoon. That may be why it didn't quite set up, so it may stay together better if you actually blend it!) Pour into pie crust.
Bake for one hour.
It also may help to refrigerate it if you want a more solid consistency.
I cannot tell you enough that this pie was so yummy. I'm actually thinking about making it this weekend for my family who are not even vegetarian!! So exciting to try out new and different recipes on my family.

* * * * *

I have been cooking ALL day long. And NONE of it was for me...
The girls and I ended up ordering pizza (I know...) because Jason was working late and I had so much to do to get us ready to leave. But, never fear, I made a fairly decent pizza choice (if I do say so myself) because thin crust automatically makes it a better choice and... BONUS - it's my favorite! I ordered delivery from Domino's because it's close, it's cheap and it's quick. I got the Pacific Veggie and added pineapple to it. The Pacific Veggie is actually not that bad for you as far as delivery pizza goes. It has Roasted red peppers, spinach, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and black olives with feta and provolone cheeses on a parmesan crust. The pineapple adds a little sweetness that I really like.





I made it extra tastey with a small amount of light ranch dressing on the side for dipping!

Then my evening's worth of work began. I made...
1.) a huge pot of vegetarian chili
2.) a dozen cornbread muffins
3.) a pan of chocolate truffle brownies



AND...
I did ALL the dishes, got the girls ready for tomorrow, made my breakfast and lunch for tomorrow, got the girls into their pajama's and then got them into bed. Whew...
Now I'm blogging in bed.



and watching Jason try and get himself packed. I started to do it earlier, but just couldn't get it all finished. Oh well...it's funny watching him try and decide what to wear with what and what shoes to bring and which pair of jogging pants he wants and if I like this shirt better than that shirt and - you get the point. :)

 

Here's what I had to shuffle around just to get to my side of our KING SIZE BED!!!

Good night.
Hope everyone's Friday is tomorrow because mine sure is and THAT is something to be thankful for...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. ~ Robert Frost