My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 10 seconds. If not, visit
http://realfitmama.com
and update your bookmarks.

Nobody objects to a woman being a good writer or sculptor or geneticist if at the same time she manages to be a good wife, good mother, good looking, good tempered, well groomed and unaggressive. ~ Leslie McIntyre

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Baked Tofu Round 2!

Regan wanted mac n cheese for lunch.



Whatever the sick monkey girl wants to eat - the sick monkey girl can have...today. So while she was laying in my bed watching cartoons I made her some really yummy mac n cheese. Once it was finished I called for her to come and eat, but she didn't answer. I went back to get her and found this...





I picked her up and moved her to her bed with no problem and figured since I had some time I would start tackling dinner early. Baked Tofu Round 2!



This time I cut the tofu as before, but made a marinade a bit different than last time.
Jason and I are lucky to have friends who live in Singapore. We met them while they were living here going to Wash U to finish their law degrees and we lived in the same building. They have a relative that makes UNBELIEVABLE soy sauce. It's thick and rich and sweet and salty and all the things that soy sauce should be. It comes out this thick, rich, dark molasses like sauce. It's just really good stuff. So I mixed a couple tablespoons of that with a splash of regular soy sauce, a tablespoon of Trader Joe's General Tso's Stir Fry sauce, maple syrup and a sprinkling of sea salt.



I'll let you know how it turns out!

After that was done and marinating in the fridge I made myself some lunch. I settled on leftover Sunday dinner of Amy's refried black beans, Boca veggie crumbles with taco seasoning and sweet corn kernals with a blue corn taco shell.



I topped it off with some shredded cheddar, Trader Joe's thick n chunky salsa and light sour cream.
It was very yummy.
After such a savory dish I needed something sweet.





I think having a small bite of something sweet is SO much better if you put it on a cute plate and sit down to eat it. You enjoy it more or I do anyway. AND...I don't feel like I need to eat a ton of it to get the fix.

Time to do some dishes and laundry. Jason thinks he's getting off a little early so I need to make him something to eat before he goes to class. He forgot to take his probar to work and I bet he's STARVING!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The woods are lovely, dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. ~ Robert Frost